MS08-069: Description of the security update for XML Core Services 4.0: November 11, 2008
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- At the command prompt, type ren %windir%\System32\msxml4.dll msxml4.old, and then press ENTER.
Note After you press ENTER, you may receive the following error message.Cannot find the file specified.Ignore this message, and go to step 3.
- At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Download and then install the latest MSXML security update.
Article ID: 941729 - Last Review: Sep 27, 2011 - Revision: 1