HTTP Error 404.5 – URL Sequence Denied
Description of HRESULT # The operation completed successfully.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Notepad in the Start Search box, right-click Notepad, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- On the File menu, click Open, type %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config in the File name box, and then click Open.
- In the ApplicationHost.config file, locate the <denyUrlSequences> node.
- Delete the sequence that matches the requested URL.
For example, delete the code that resembles the following.Note <Sequence> is a placeholder for the sequence that matches the requested URL.
<add sequence=”<sequence>” />
- Save the ApplicationHost.config file.
Article ID: 942053 - Last Review: Oct 4, 2007 - Revision: 1