HTTP Error 404.15 – Not Found
Description of HRESULT # The operation completed successfully.
Note The maxQueryString property is under the requestLimits node, which is under the requestFiltering node.
- Click Start, type Notepad in the Start Search box, right-click Notepad, and then click Run as administrator.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- On the File menu, click Open, type %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config in the File name box, and then click Open.
- In the ApplicationHost.config file, locate the requestLimits tag.
- Remove the maxQueryString property. Or, change the value to a value that matches the length of the query string that you are using. By default, the value of the maxQueryString property is 2048.
For example, modify the following code.
<requestLimits maxQueryString="length" />
- Save the ApplicationHost.config file.
Article ID: 942071 - Last Review: Oct 9, 2007 - Revision: 1