Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA Microsoft Office Excel workbook is available that contains a list of the Excel 2007 issues that are fixed by the 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Note The workbook is in English. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office 2007 Service Pack 1 Changes_all.xls package now.
Release Date: December 11, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of issues that the service pack fixesThe 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1 (SP1) fixes the Excel 2007 issues that are described in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base This service pack also fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- You cannot see a data series on a column chart in Excel 2007
You create a multi-axis chart in Excel 2003. When you load the chart into Excel 2007, a data series of the corresponding data series will have their z-axis order reversed.
- The GetChartElement method does not correctly recognize the xlXErrorBars element and the xlYErrorBars element in Excel 2007
The GetChartElement method in Excel 2007 returns information about the chart element at specified X and Y coordinates. However, this method cannot correctly recognize the values of the xlXErrorBars element and the xlYErrorBars element.
- Chart does not adjust references in Excel 2007
- Excel 2007 may crash when it runs an XLM macro
You have an Excel 2007 file which calls Excel 2007 to run an XLM macro. If the XLM macro contains at least one formula that pushes more operations onto the stack than the number of arguments to the macro, Excel 2007 may crash.
- Data may be pasted incorrectly into a chart through the object model (OM) in Excel 2007
This problem occurs when Excel 2007 calls the SeriesCollection.Paste method without having a parameter that is specified for XlRowCol object.
- Formulas that are based on a data table may not recalculate when the data table is recalculated in Excel 2007
- The speed of background recalculation may be reduced in Excel 2007
This problem occurs when you insert or activate an embedded Excel object while Excel 2007 has boot-time addition installed.
- When you use the Match Destination Formatting option to paste to a PivotTable with conditional formatting, the conditional formatting is lost
When you paste to a PivotTable by using Match Destination Formatting with conditional formatting, the conditional formatting is lost. This occurs because Excel 2007 does not know to which PivotTable to apply the formatting.
- You print or you print preview charts with a bevel effect and a fill effect. If the Black and White settings are set to true, Excel 2007 removes the fill effects
You create a default 2-D column chart in Excel 2007. Then, you add a bevel effect to one of the data series. When you print or print preview the chart, and you select the Print in Black and White option, the fill effect is lost.
- The position of data labels in a pie chart may change in Excel 2007
In Excel 2007, the position of data labels in a pie chart may change after you save the pie chart in an earlier format of Excel and then reopen it in Excel 2007.
- You receive different results when you run a macro in Excel 2003 and in Excel 2007
You have a series on both the primary axis and the secondary axis of a chart in Excel. Then, you delete all series by starting from the primary axis. Then, you add more series. However, in Excel 2007, the new series does not resemble the previous primary axis from Excel 2003.
- In Excel 2007, the GetChartElement method returns the value of "2" from the x-axis for scatter type charts. You expect a value of "1." The value of "1" is the expected value in Excel 2003
- When you change chart type from "Scatter with Straight Lines" to "Scatter with only Markers" in Excel 2007, invisible series will be created
- In Excel 2007, charts cannot load the chart.xml file when the pivot source contains the <extLst> XML element
This problem occurs because the pivot source object cannot process the <extLst> XML element of the chart.xml file.
- When you apply conditional formatting to a number, and you view the number through Sharepoint local, the format of the number differs from the format of the local Excel 2007 workbook
Conditional Formatting that applies number formats is incorrect for all non-United States English language versions of Excel 2007. This problem results in unexpectedly rendered numbers or a render failure.
- When you resize a chart sheet in Excel 2007, the GetChartElement method cannot return the correct index of the clicked point
- Text that contains a comma that is followed by a blank space does not wrap in the cell in Excel 2007
In Excel 2007, you have a category label with a comma that is followed by a blank space. However, the label does not wrap on the space.
- Charts that are created from an object model (OM) and then moved from the chart sheet to a worksheet are not sized correctly with Zoom in Excel 2007
A chart is created from the OM at any zoom level other than 100%. Then, the chart is moved to the worksheet. However, the chart size is created based on that zoom level.
- Line-type logarithmic-scale charts display "0" (zero) as "1" in Excel 2007
Data is misrepresented on the chart, and the user may misinterpret the data. Additionally, if you loaded the chart from Excel 2003, no warning is given.
- The size of an OLE chart changes after you edit the chart in Open mode in Excel 2007
- If you make a stock chart that has the wrong set of columns, it corrupts the file that contains the chart so that you cannot open the file
You create a stock chart, and you alter the data reference so that it is no longer a valid stock chart. Then, you save the chart. When you try to reload the chart, Excel 2007 cannot open the chart.
- Graph charts may become larger every time that you try to edit the charts in the Open mode in Excel 2007
- When you try to copy a graph chart in Excel 2007, only a standard copy is performed
In Office applications, the source posts only the clipboard formats, and the source does not post the actual data.
- Trendlines are calculated including #N/A cells in Excel 2007
- Performance gain in dfloat32 in Excel 2007
This fix improves the performance of the NORMDIST, NORMSDIST, NORMINV and NORMSINV functions in Excel 2007.
- Trendlines on data series with 6 digits display the wrong equation with General number formatting in Excel 2007 When the equation transitions to scientific notation, the 6-digit data has a trendline equation that should be *E+01.
- The ApplyCustomType method does not apply the correct subtype in Excel 2007
- The Turkish File Format Converter does not function on the Turkish version of Windows XP or of Windows Vista
On Turkish language versions of Windows XP or of Windows Vista that have all the necessary updates installed, the Turkish File Format Converter cannot open Excel 2007 files. Additionally, the option to save as an Excel 2007 file is not in the Save As menu in Excel 2007.
- BIFF12/XML12 shared workbooks with a sorted range do not synchronize correctly
You open an XL12FF shared workbook, you apply sorts, and then you try to change data. However, data is incorrectly overwritten during synchronization.
- The .xlsx files are corrupted after refreshing a PV that contains a TAB character in Excel 2007
When you save an .xlsx workbook after refreshing a PV that contains a TAB character in Excel 2007, the whole file is corrupted.
- The XValues value that is returned through the Object Model (OM) in Excel 2007 differs from the value that is returned in Excel 2003
- When you start Excel 2007, the status bar may appear at the top of the application on a Windows Vista-based computer.
- The PathCreateFromUrl function strips out the “file://” part in Excel 2007
The PathCreateFromUrl function takes a URL of the form "file://c:\temp.htm" or of the form "file://\\something\temp.htm" and strips out the "file://" part. Because the protocol is missing, when you process this URL, you cannot perform the hyperlink navigation.
- The "Open in Excel" functionality in the 2007 Office system does not work with Office 2003
- 3-D charts that are created in Excel 2007 are corrupted in Excel 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
In Excel 2003 SP3, you try to open 3-D charts that are created in Excel 2007. However, the 3-D charts are corrupted. Additionally, they are lost on repair.
- Office Web Component 2003 crashes Internet Explorer if there is no Office Client on the computer
- Runtime errors and access violations occur when you run VBA code in Excel 2007
When you use VBA code in Excel 2007, runtime errors and access violations occur, and then Excel 2007 crashes. This problem does not occur in Excel 2003.
Error signature details When you use Excel 2007, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
|Application Name||Application Version||Module Name||Module Version||Offset|