For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA Microsoft Excel workbook is available that contains a list of the Project 2007 issues that are fixed by Project 2007 SP1.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office 2007 Service Pack Changes_all.xls package now.
Release Date: December 11, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that the service pack fixesProject 2007 SP1 fixes the Project 2007 issues that are described in the following hotfix packages:
Issues that were not previously documented in the Microsoft Knowledge BaseThis service pack fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- An out-of-memory error message occurs when you try to print or to print preview a large project in Project 2007
When you try to print or to print preview a large project in Project 2007, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- You receive an out-of-memory error message.
- You see nothing other than the Page Setup button or the Help button.
- You see only part of the preview.
- The graphical indicator information may not be saved when you try to edit a graphical indicator in Project 2007
When you try to edit the graphical indicator in Project 2007, you find that the graphical indicator information is not saved.
- Project Professional 2007 crashes after you remove user permissions from a deliverable
After you remove user permissions from a deliverable in a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) server, and you open the project again, Project Professional 2007 crashes.
- Error message when you open a project in Project 2007 after updates have been applied, if the client computer does not use a comma as the list separator: "Invalid name for a resource"
You try to open a project in Project 2007 after updates have been applied. If the list separator on the client computer is not a comma, you receive the following error message:Invalid name for a resource. Resource names cannot contain brackets () or the list separator character.
- Outline code values for tasks or resources may be missing if a project is saved in the Microsoft Office Project 2003 file format
If a project is saved to the Project 2003 file format, outline code values for tasks or resources may be missing.
- Error message when you use Project 2007 to try to save a file that is protected with a password and that was created in Project 2003: "The password is incorrect"
You use Project 2007 to open a file that was created in Project 2003. This file is protected with a password. You try to save the file in the Project 2007 file format. However, you receive the following error message:The password is incorrect
- The "Cumulative % Complete" field in a summary task is incorrect for nested summary tasks in Project 2007
The Cumulative % Complete field in a summary task is incorrect for nested summary tasks in Project 2007. This problem occurs because the Cumulative % Complete field does not calculate the totals across the whole duration at the top-most summary level.
- Task outlines may become confused, and task properties may be lost, if you save a project to the Microsoft Project 2000 through Microsoft Project 2003 (.mpp) format in Project 2007
You save a project to the Project 2000 through Project 2003 (.mpp) format in Project 2007. Then, task outlines may become confused, and task properties may be lost. For example, task names are not saved. Additionally, the project may crash when you open it in Project 2003.
- The internal outline structure of tasks becomes confused when you try to indent a task in Project 2007
You try to indent a task in Project 2007. However, you find the internal outline structure of tasks becomes confused. Additionally, you receive a message that states that you will create a circular link.
- Project Professional 2007 does not recognize renamed custom fields that are migrated from a Project 2003 server
If a Project 2003 server that is migrated has custom fields, you can rename the fields in Project Web Access (PWA). Additionally, you can see the renamed fields in various locations in PWA. However, in existing projects, Project Professional 2007 does not recognize the fields that were renamed.
- All custom field data is missing when you open a project in Project 2007
When you open a project in Project 2007, you find that all custom field data is missing.
- Actual fixed cost values are not correctly calculated on summary tasks in Project 2007
In Project 2007, actual fixed cost values for summary tasks are not distributed correctly if the accrual type is prorated.
- You cannot save a baseline, or a baseline takes a very long time to save
You cannot save the baseline, or a baseline takes a very long time to save. You cannot find any baseline dates in the Baseline Start and Finish field.
- Internet Explorer crashes when the Resource Assignments summary view is used
Internet Explorer crashes when a single resource is assigned to tasks in more than one project, and the Resource Assignments summary view is used in a Project Web Access page. Then, you see an error message that resembles the following:Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close. The following add-on was running when this error occurred: PJGRID12.ocxThis problem occurs when there is a large amount of data that has to be displayed in the grid control, and the data cannot be returned. This causes the grid to crash. When the grid crashes, this in turn causes Internet Explorer to crash.
Error signature detailsWhen you use Project 2007, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
|Application name||Application version||Module name||Module version||Offset|