For more information about the 2007 Microsoft Office suites SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA Microsoft Excel workbook is available that contains a list of the Word 2007 issues that are fixed by the 2007 Microsoft Office suites SP1.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office Servers Service Pack 1 Changes_all.xls package now.
Release Date: December 11, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that the service pack fixesThe 2007 Microsoft Office suites SP1 fixes the Word 2007 issues that are described in the following hotfix packages:
Issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base articleThis service pack fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- You cannot use the MetaWebblog API to post images to a blog in Word 2007
In Word 2007, you use the MetaWebblog API to post images to a blog. However, the images cannot be posted as expected.
- The hyphen and part of the hyphenated text are removed when you format text in a table in Word 2007
In Word 2007, the hyphen and part of the hyphenated text are removed from the table when you format text in a table that also contains hyphenated text.
- The red, wavy underline formatting disappears when you right-click the word that is underlined in Word 2007
Word 2007 uses a red, wavy line to underline misspelled words. When you right-click a misspelled word, the red, wavy underline formatting disappears. Additionally, the spelling suggestion section does not appear on the shortcut menu.
- The XMLSelectionChange event does not trigger when you click Find Next Region I Can Edit
You use a read-only Word document that contains XML tags. The content that is between the tags is editable. When you click Find Next Region I Can Edit on the Protect Task pane, the XMLSelectionChange event is not triggered. This problem occurs if the follow conditions are true:
- The tags are used in a table.
- The content that is between the tags is not the null value.
- The previewed font is displayed unexpectedly as the Arabic font when you enable Hebrew as an editing language in the English version of Word 2007
In an English version of Word 2007, you enable Hebrew as an editing language. When you open the Font dialog box, the font that appears in the Preview box is the Arabic font instead of the Hebrew font.
- The closing smart quotation mark for Estonian is incorrect
You install an Estonian keyboard driver. Then, you enable the Straight quotes with smart quotes feature. When you use the Estonian keyboard driver, the closing smart quotation mark is incorrect.
- Word 2007 takes a long time to open a Word document when the Word document contains many URL links and many images
When you try to open a Word document that contains many URL links and many images, Word 2007 takes a long time to open the document.
- The bound content control is still in the placeholder text mode in Word 2007 after you modify the document on the SharePoint site
You modify a document on a Microsoft Office SharePoint site. When, you try to use the bound content control in Word 2007 to edit the data that you modified on the SharePoint site, the bound content control is still in the placeholder text mode. When this issue occurs, you cannot edit the data that you have modified on the SharePoint site.
- The linked Excel object is incorrectly displayed after you change the link type from Automatic to Manual
In a link to an Excel worksheet, you change the link type from Automatic to Manual in Word 2007. When you print the Word document, the linked Excel object is incorrectly displayed.
- The UNC path is not changed to a hyperlink as expected
When you type a Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) path in Word 2007, the UNC path is not changed to a hyperlink as expected. This problem occurs if the UNC path contains a double-byte character set (DBCS) character.
- You cannot open an auto-saved document as expected
When you try to open an auto-saved document in Word 2007, you receive the following error message:Microsoft Office Word cannot open this file because it is an unsupported file type.
- Word 2007 incorrectly use double hyphens as the brkBinSub attribute
When you save a Word document as a Web Page, Word 2007 incorrectly uses double hyphens (--) as the brkBinSub attribute. The brkBinSub attribute should be minusMinus.
- Word cannot open an existing post from a Blogger account
You use Word 2007 publish a blog to Blogger account. Then, you try to open an existing post from the Blogger account in Word 2007. In this scenario, you receive the following error message:Word cannot open the post.
- The sent meeting request still contains spelling errors even though you have corrected the spelling errors by using the spelling check function
Consider the following scenario. You enable the Always check spelling before sending feature, and then you create a meeting request that contains spelling errors. When you send the meeting request, the spelling check function starts, and then you correct the spelling errors. Then, you send the meeting request. In this scenario, the sent meeting request still contains spelling errors.
- The original Word document is overwritten when you save the Rescue.asd document again
Consider the following scenario. An error occurs when you try to save a Word document. Then, you save the document as a Rescue.asd document. You edit the Rescue.asd document, and then you save the Rescue.asd document again. In this scenario, the Rescue.asd document overwrites the original Word document. Additionally, the extension of the new document becomes the .docx extension. However, the Rescue.docx document uses the binary format. Therefore, you cannot open the new document.
- You can unexpectedly delete the mDel tag in Word 2007
In Word 2007, you can delete the mDel tag in the SampleLetter.docm document. However, the mDel tag should not be deleted.
- The "Get services on Office Marketplace" hyperlink does not appear in the Research pane in Word 2007
When you open the Research pane in Word 2007, the Get services on Office Marketplace hyperlink does not appear. You expect the Get services on Office Marketplace hyperlink to be available.
- You receive the same error message two times when you open an RTF document that contains incorrect styles
When you try to open a Rich Text Format (RTF) document that contains incorrect styles, you receive the following error message two times:Invalid style name.
- You create an incorrect Word document project when you use the Word content controls in the design mode
When you use the Word content controls in the design mode, you can create an incorrect Word document project.
- The AutoSave feature does not work as excepted when you use an IRM protected Word document
When you process an Information Rights Management (IRM) protected Word document, the AutoSave feature does not work as excepted. When this problem occurs, Word 2007 becomes unstable. For example, Word 2007 frequently stops responding.
- Word 2007 does not consider the file format converter when you try to open a document that uses the ZIP format
When you try to use Word 2007 to open a document that uses a ZIP format, Word 2007 does not consider the file format converter for the ZIP format. When this problem occurs, the File Conversion dialog box does not appear. Instead, you receive an error message that resembles the following:The Office Open XML file cannot be opened because there a problems with the contents.
Error signature detailsWhen you use Word 2007, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
|Application name||Application version||Module Name||Module Version||Offset|
Article ID: 942389 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4