- You download a compressed (zip) file from the Internet to a computer that is running one of the following operating systems:
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- You save this file to a disk that is formatted by using the NTFS file system.
- You extract the files from the compressed file by using the Extract All Files wizard.
Note This problem does not occur when you use a third-party tool, such as WinZip, to extract the files.
Method 1: Unblock the compressed file
- Right-click the compressed file, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, click Unblock, and then click OK.
- Extract the files from the compressed file.
Method 2: Copy the file to a different locationNote This method works for Windows XP and for Windows Server 2003.
- Double-click the compressed file.
- Use a drag-and-drop operation to move the file to another folder or to the desktop.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.