- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- SP3 for Windows Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS)
- SP3 for Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs (WinFLP)
MUI in Windows XP SP3You have a computer that is running the English version of one of the following Windows operating systems together with the MUI Pack:
- Windows XP SP3
- SP3 for WEPOS
- SP3 for WinFLP
- Microsoft Management Console 3.0 (MMC).
- Remote Desktop Protocol 6.1 (RDP).
- Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Scripting binaries.
Update informationAn update that resolves this issue is now available for the MUI Pack in Windows XP SP3. You can download this update from the Microsoft Download Center.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the WindowsXP-KB942766-x86-ENU.exe package now.
Release Date: May 6, 2008
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have the following programs installed:
- The English version of Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- The MUI Pack for the English version of Windows XP Service Pack 2.
- The MUI Pack for the English version of SP3 for WEPOS.
- The MUI Pack for the English version of SP3 for WinFLP.
How to obtain Windows MUIThe Windows XP MUI Pack and the Windows 2000 MUI Pack are sold through Volume Licensing programs. These programs include the Microsoft Open License Program (MOLP / Open), Microsoft Select, and Microsoft Enterprise agreement. The MUI pack is also sold together with a new computer as an OEM version at the customer's request. The Windows XP MUI Pack and the Windows 2000 MUI Pack are not available through retail channels.
WinFLP is offered to SA customers only. You can obtain the MUI support for WinFLP from the SA program. WEPOS is an OEM product. You can obtain the MUI support for WEPOS from OEMs or device distributors.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Replacement informationThis update does not replace any other updates.
Article ID: 942766 - Last Review: Jun 15, 2009 - Revision: 1