Boot and\or System volume C was not selected or is not found on source machine computername.contoso.com.
Selected machine computername.contoso.com cannot be virtualized. Verify that the boot and system volumes are selected for migration and the boot.ini file is present on the active volume of the boot drive. Then try the operation again.
- Insert the Windows Vista installation media in the DVD drive.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Type the following commands at the command prompt. Press ENTER after each command.
- [The drive letter for your DVD drive]:
- cd boot
- bootsect /nt52 c: /force
- Close the Command Prompt window. Then, restart the system.
- After you log on to the system, perform the P2V job again.
Note If the Windows XP system or the Windows Server 2003 system does not have a DVD drive, copy the Bootsect.exe file from the Vista installation media to a temporary location, and then run the bootsect command that appears in step 3.
Article ID: 942986 - Last Review: Oct 8, 2007 - Revision: 1