When you try to open a Microsoft Works 8 Word Processor document (.wps file) in Microsoft Office Word 2003, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- You receive the following error message:The specified module could not be found. WKLS31.dll.
- Word 2003 may crash.
- If you are using a Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4)-based computer, you receive the following error message:The file appears to be corrupted.
These problems may occur if the following conditions are true:
- You have the following programs installed on the computer:
- Microsoft Office 2003
- Microsoft Works 8
- Microsoft Works 6-9 File Converter
- You remove the Works 6-9 File Converter.
To resolve these problems, download and then reinstall the Works 6-9 File Converter. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 943600 - Last Review: Oct 23, 2007 - Revision: 1