- Internet Connection Sharing is enabled on the computer that is running Windows.
- The program tries to connect to TCP ports in the 5001 to 5032 range.
Note Stop this service only if you do not have to have FTP functionality.
Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
- Click Start, type services in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- In the results, right-click Services, and then click Run as administrator.
- In the Services list, right-click Application Layer Gateway Service, and then click Stop.
- Right-click the service, and then click Properties.
- In the Startup type box, click Disabled, and then click OK.
- Exit the Services snap-in.
Article ID: 943710 - Last Review: Oct 22, 2008 - Revision: 1