Windows Internet Explorer 8 is now available. Internet Explorer 8 is the latest version of the familiar Web browser that you are most comfortable using. It helps you obtain everything that you want from the Web faster, easier, and safer than ever.
System requirementsInternet Explorer 8 runs on any of the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 32-bit versions
- Windows 7, 64-bit versions
- Windows Vista, 32-bit versions
- Windows Vista, 64-bit versions
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or a later version
- Windows XP, 32-bit versions with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later version
- Windows XP Professional, 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2003, 32-bit versions with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later version
- Windows Server 2003, 64-bit versions with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later version
- Windows Server 2008, 32-bit, or a later version
- Windows Server 2008, 64-bit, or a later version
FeaturesFor a list of Internet Explorer 8 features, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Download InformationTo download Internet Explorer 8, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Users of prerelease versions of Internet Explorer 8 can also install Internet Explorer 8 from Automatic Updates, from the Windows Update Web site, or from the Microsoft Update Web site.
Please notice that Internet Explorer 8 is preinstalled in all Windows 7 versions. However, you can disable and enable Internet Explorer 8 in Programs and Features in Control Panel.
For more information about how to install Internet Explorer 8, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
970310 How to install Internet Explorer 8
Article ID: 944036 - Last Review: Jun 4, 2014 - Revision: 1