To install a Windows Live sidebar gadget:
- Access the Gallery admin tool at http://gallery.live.com
- Select Sign In.
- Select Sidebar_Gadgetin the Live Item Type field.
- Search for the required gadget by putting the gadget ID in the search field and selecting Search.
- To the selected Gadget, clicking the link provided when the search is completed.
- Select Download for the desired gadget
- Read the third party development warning and click Continue.
- Select Open
- Select Install when prompted by the sidebar security warning message.
- Confirm that the gadget installed on the sidebar.
To remove or uninstall a Windows Live sidebar gadget:
- Right click on the sidebar and select add gadgets
- Right click on the gadget to be removed and select Uninstall
- Confirm that the gadget was removed from the sidebar.
- Select the gadget to be removed on the sidebar and click the small “x” in the upper right hand corner of the gadget. This will remove it from view, but not the sidebar.
- Exit the sidebar by right clicking on it and selecting exit
- Restart the sidebar by selecting it from “Start”, “Programs”, “Accessories”, “Windows Sidebar”.
- Repeat the removal process outlined above.
Article ID: 944239 - Last Review: Jun 21, 2014 - Revision: 1