Additionally, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Error: Element not found
To have us fix this problem for you, go to the “Fix it for me” section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the “Let me fix it myself” section.
Fix it for me
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myself
To do this, follow these steps:
- Start a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Copy the following information, paste it into the text editor, and then save the file as Skiprunonce.reg:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Exit the text editor.
- Double-click the Skiprunonce.reg file that you created in step 2.
When you run the Skiprunonce.reg file, you will receive the following message:Are you sure you want to add the information in path of .reg file to the registry?Click Yes. Then you will receive the following message:Information in path of .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry.
- In Windows Vista, when non-administrator users try to run SkipRunOnce.reg they are prompted for an administrator password.
- To run SkipRunOnce.reg for all users at the same time, modify SkipRunOnce.reg by replacing [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] with [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] and then running it as an administrator.
Did this fix the problem?
Similar problems and resolutions
Note This Guided Help content may not be available in all languages.