- You are running Windows Vista on a portable computer.
- The screen resolution is set to a resolution that is greater than 1024 × 768.
- You close the lid of the computer, and then it enters sleep mode.
This problem does not occur on desktop computers. Also, this does not occur on a portable computer when you use the Start menu to put the computer into sleep mode.
Method 1: Use Task Scheduler
- Click Start, type Task Scheduler in the Start Search box, and then click Task Scheduler in the Programs list.
- Expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and then click MobilePC.
- Right-click TMM, and then click Disable.
- If the TMM task is not displayed, right-click MobilePC, point to View, and then click Show Hidden Tasks.
- This fix does not disable any of the docking features on the portable computer. The docking features of the portable computer are disabled only when you use an external monitor or a projector, and the portable computer is not docked. If you find that an external monitor does not work correctly, you can re-enable the TMM task or you can press F5 function key to enable the external monitor.
Method 2: Use a script
- Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, and then click cmd in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: Schtasks /End /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\MobilePC\TMM”
Article ID: 945459 - Last Review: Dec 21, 2007 - Revision: 1