This article describes the Microsoft Office Access 2003 issues that are fixed in the Access 2003 post-Service Pack 3 hotfix package that is dated December 18, 2007.
This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
Issues that the hotfix package fixesThis hotfix package fixes the following issues:
945280 Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3BUG #: 20164 (Office QFE)
943967 After you install Office 2003 SP3, you encounter various problems in an Access project when you work with a Bit data type column in a linked SQL Server tableThis hotfix package also fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- Access 2003 may close unexpectedly when you do one of the following:
Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.When you view the data in the error report, the report contains an error signature that resembles the following error signature:BUG #: 20051 (Office QFE)
- You open a table that contains a LOOKUP field. The table uses the LOOKUP field to look up data in a table that contains more than 30 fields.
- You open a form that contains a combo box that looks up data in a table that contains more than 30 fields.
Application name Application version Module name Module version Offset Msaccess.exe 11.0.8166.0 Ntdll.dll 5.2.3790.3959 45d70ad8
- You install one of the following combinations of products on the same computer:
- Access 2003 and Microsoft Office Access 2007 that has Microsoft Office Input Method Editor (IME) 2007 installed
- Access 2003 and a version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system that has Microsoft Office Input Method Editor (IME) 2007 installed
- You run the Compact and Repair Database utility in Access 2003.
- You click the Close button in the database window in Access 2003.
- When you try to open a form, the form does not open. Additionally, you receive the following error message: There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again.BUG #: 20100 (Office QFE)
- When you run the Compact and Repair Database utility on an Access 2003 database that is saved on a Windows Server 2003 share, the utility may silently fail. After the Compact and Repair Database utility fails, an additional database file is saved in the same location. For example, if the Compact and Repair Database utility is run on a database that is named Db.mdb, a second database file that is named Db1.mdb is saved.
BUG #: 20247 (Office QFE)
- You create and then save an .adp file in Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (VSS) in Microsoft Office Access 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2). When you try to check out a form, you receive one or more error messages that resemble the following error messages:
Error message 11 errors occurred when you loaded the form or report. You loaded a form or report that has controls or properties that Microsoft Office Access doesn't recognize and will ignore.Error message 2Failed to import file 'C:\path\file name.acf' into Microsoft Access.Error message 3The search key was not found in any record.Error message 4The setting you entered isn't valid for this property. To see the valid settings for this property, search the Help index for the name of the property.BUG #: 20652 (Office QFE)
- When you try to add a new record or to delete an existing record in a subform in an .adp file, you cannot add or delete the record.
BUG #: 20563 (Office QFE)
Hotfix informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the hotfix package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 installed to apply this hotfix package.
For more information about how to obtain the latest Office 2003 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
870924 How to obtain the latest service pack for Office 2003
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis hotfix package may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix package contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this hotfix package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the hotfix package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Microsoft Windows Installer .msp file information
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this hotfix has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File size||Date||Time|
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 945674 - Last Review: Sep 30, 2011 - Revision: 1