Consider the following scenario:
- You are using a Windows Vista-based computer that has two network adapters.
- Only one of the network adapters is connected.
- You do one of the following:
- You set up Windows Media Player 11 by using the Welcome to Windows Media Player 11 for Vista Wizard, and you select the Express Settings (recommended) setting.
- You install third-party software, such as a CD burning program or a DVD burning program, or you install a program that plays DVDs.
To work around this problem, you can safely ignore the red "X" over the connection icon that indicates that the network adapter is disconnected. The connection status is updated correctly even when the connection icon incorrectly displays a red "X."
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 945925 - Last Review: Dec 13, 2007 - Revision: 1