This problem occurs because Internet Explorer is configured to use a proxy server.
- Open Internet Explorer, and then click
- Click Internet Options.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
- Click to select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box in the Proxy server area, click OK two times, and then close Internet Explorer.
- Reinstall the Windows Home Server client connector software.
- A proxy server may be required for Internet access if your computer is configured to remotely connect to a corporate network by using a remote access connection or a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- Some Internet service providers may require a proxy server for Internet access.
- Some Parental Control software packages may require a proxy server to provide their content management functionality.
- Some dial-up accelerator software packages may require a proxy server to provide their acceleration functionality.
Article ID: 946412 - Last Review: Jun 1, 2008 - Revision: 1