Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
PrerequisitesYou must have the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
- InstallUtil /LogFile= /InstallStateDir="C:\Installstate\\" Path\AssemblyName
- InstallUtil /LogFile= /InstallStateDir="C:\Installstate" Path\AssemblyName
- InstallUtil /LogFile= /InstallStateDir=C:\Installstate\ Path\AssemblyName
- In Visual Studio 2008, open the setup project for the assembly.
- Specify the following parameter in the CustomActionData property of each managed custom action: /InstallStateDir="[TARGETDIR]\"Note After you do this, the .InstallState file will be saved to the target directory that you specified in the CustomActionData property. This guarantees that the .InstallState file is removed at uninstall time.
- Install this hotfix on all target computers where the assembly will be installed.
Note We recommend that you also install the hotfix on the development computer for testing.
- Install the assembly.
For more information about the installer tool, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site: For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 946503 - Last Review: Oct 8, 2011 - Revision: 1