- The installation progress for the suite reaches 99% and then stops responding.
- You receive a message that states that your programs were not installed.
- You receive a message that asks you to wait, and the installation never finishes.
- You receive an error code and a message that states that Windows Live Products were not installed.
- Sign in to an account that has administrator credentials.
- Remove all earlier versions of Windows Live Services if you have previously installed or tried to install any Windows Live Services.
For more information about how to remove Windows Live Services, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:938275 How to remove and reinstall Windows Live ServicesNote When you follow the steps listed in Knowledge base article 938275, do not follow step 9 to reinstall Windows Services.
- Manually install the following components. To do this, click the links in the following list to view the installation page, and then follow the instructions that appear.
- Microsoft .NET 2.0
To view the Microsoft .NET 2.0 installation page, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Windows Imaging Component
To view the Windows Imaging Component installation page, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note This is ONLY for Windows XP customers, Vista Customers do not have to install Windows Imaging Component.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
To view the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition installation page, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Microsoft .NET 2.0
- When you have all the dependencies from step 2 installed, download and then install the appropriate software from the links in the following table, depending on your language requirements. To perform this installation, follow these steps:
- Select the link that you want from the following table, based on your language.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Save, and then save the WLSetup.exe file to the desktop.
- When the download is complete, click Run. Note If you are prompted for confirmation to run the program, click Run.
- When the installation is complete, drag the WLSetup.exe file to the Recycle Bin. This file is no longer needed.
Article ID: 946520 - Last Review: Oct 11, 2012 - Revision: 1