Steps to reproduce the problem
- Configure a new wireless connection in Windows Vista.
- Click Start See Image , type Network and Sharing Center in the Start Search box, and then click Network and Sharing Center in the Programs list.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click the View Status link on the right side of your new wireless connection.
- Note the SSID.
- Click Close.
- Under Tasks, click Manage Wireless Networks.
- Right-click the new wireless connection, and then click Rename.
- Type a new name for the wireless profile, press ENTER, and then close the window.
- In the Network and Sharing Center, click View Status.
Article ID: 946533 - Last Review: Jan 17, 2017 - Revision: 1