In support of SWIFTReady Financial EAI GOLD Certification requirements for 2007, Microsoft has released the A4SWIFT 3.0 SP1 and BizTalk FileAct and InterAct Adapters for SWIFT 2.3 Service Pack 1 (SP1). This release includes processing support for SWIFT XML-formatted messages (“MX”) and updates to the adapters to support interoperability with SWIFT Alliance Access (SAA) and SWIFTAlliance Gateway (SAG) version 6.0.
NoteSWIFT Alliance Access (SAA) and SWIFTAlliance Gateway (SAG) version 6.0 are products of S.W.I.F.T. SCRL.
OverviewImportant To install A4SWIFT 3.0 SP1, you must install Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2 and the FileAct and InterAct Adapters. For detailed instructions, users are strongly encouraged to download and read the installation guide files before users install the service pack. For more information about how to obtain this service pack, see the "Download information" section.
To comply with SWIFTReady Financial EAI GOLD Certification requirements for 2007, A4SWIFT 3.0 SP1 takes advantage of the open standards-based tools and the run-time facilities of BizTalk Server 2006 R2 to support MX-based messages (ISO20022 XML-based messages). The new functionality that is included in this service pack makes it easier for businesses to adopt BizTalk Server 2006 R2 as a middleware integration platform.
After you install A4SWIFT 3.0 SP1, customers, partners, and system integrators can streamline the development, deployment, and support of the following processes:
- Integrated solutions for application infrastructure
- Business processes for core financial services
The new features in A4SWIFT 3.0 SP1 include the following:
- SWIFT MX message schemas
The SWIFT MX message schemas are XML schema definition language (XSD)-compliant. You can use these schemas to make parsing and XML validation of messages against the message-specific schemas easier.
- SWIFT validation policies and framework
You can use BizTalk Server 2006 R2 Business Rule Engine (BRE) policies to validate and enforce SWIFT-defined data and validation rules. The SWIFT MX Disassembler and .NET validation component (BRE Validation component) start the BRE. Validation errors are collected into error-collection objects, and incorrect messages are marked with special promoted properties before the messages are published to the BizTalk MessageBox database.
- SWIFT pipeline components
You can use the BizTalk Pipeline Disassembler, Assembler, Encoder, Decoder, and Party Resolver components to process SWIFT MX messages. The SWIFT MX Disassembler dynamically resolves SWIFT message types and validates messages against SWIFT validation rules. The SWIFT MX Assembler performs the usual collection of the messages from the MessageBox database and checks for any validation errors.
- BRE validation component
This Microsoft .NET Framework validation component is a .NET Framework assembly that is responsible for business rules validation on the messages. The component validates a message by starting the policies that are specific to the message. Then, policies start the rules that are implemented in Microsoft Visual C# .NET. Finally, the policies return the error collection object.
- MX Response Reconciliation
MX Response Reconciliation is responsible for reconciling a response with the message that was originally sent by A4SWIFT. This feature enables custom processing of the resulting message-response correlation set. MX Response Reconciliation is implemented through Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), the Pipeline Components Encoder, the Party Resolver, and the BizTalk Adapter for MQSeries.
The new features in BizTalk FileAct and InterAct Adapters for SWIFT 2.3 SP1 include the following:
- Pull mode support was added for scenarios in which the InterAct Adapter or the FileAct Adapter is configured in Store and Forward (SnF) mode.
- The FileAct header was modified for use with SWIFTNet Link.
- The RequestType field was added as a configurable property to the FileAct header.
- The ProductName and VendorName fields were added to the FileAct header.
- The InterAct header was modified for use with SWIFTNet Link.
- The RequestType field was added as a configurable property to the InterAct header.
- The ProductName and VendorName fields were added to the InterAct header.
- New functionality was added to submit back a response when the InterAct Adapter or the FileAct Adapter is configured in SnF push mode.
- New functionality was added to monitor the SnF queue.
The following issues are also fixed in A4SWIFT 3.0 SP1:
- A response message may be incorrectly correlated to an original message when you use the FileAct and InterAct Adapters to send multiple messages.
- You can use the SnFSessionId property from the BizTalk Server 2006 InterAct Adapter to monitor the status of a Store and Forward queue.
Download informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the BizTalk 2006 R2 Accelerator for SWIFT v3.0 Service Pack 1 package now.For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 946694 - Last Review: Sep 10, 2008 - Revision: 1