An Active Directory Domain Controller for the domain <DNS domain name> could not be contacted. Ensure that the domain name is typed correctly. If the name is correct, click Details for troubleshooting information.
When you click Details, you receive the following error message:
The error was: "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."
(error code 0x0000007B ERROR_INVALID_NAME)
The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.domain name.com
This article helps you fix the problem. To have us fix this problem for you, go to the “Fix it for me” section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the “Let me fix it myself” section.
Note This wizard may be in English only; however, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD, and then you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Now go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
To add this registry entry, follow these steps.
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ScreenBadTlds, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ScreenBadTlds, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 947228 - Last Review: Sep 23, 2011 - Revision: 1