- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- The Windows SharePoint Services Web application runs under a user's domain account.
- The user logs in by using this domain account.
- The site displays the user name as System Account.
To set the application pool account to use a different user account, follow these steps:
- On the server that is running one of the products that is listed in the "Applies to" section, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office Server, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- Click the Operations tab.
- Under Security Configuration, click Service Accounts.
- Click Web application pool, and then click Windows SharePoint Services Web Application in the Web service box.
- In the Application pool box, click the application pool that you want to change.
- Under Select an account for this component, click Configurable, and then type the user name and the password for the different user account.
Article ID: 947284 - Last Review: May 15, 2008 - Revision: 1