No formal product support is available from Microsoft for this beta product. For information about how to obtain support for a beta release, see the documentation that is included with the beta product files, or check the Web location where you downloaded the release.
- You receive one of the following error messages:Error message 1The action 'Bring this resource online' did not complete. An error occurred while attempting to bring the resource '<DTC_Resource_Name>' online.Error message 2The cluster resource could not be brought online by the resource monitor.
- You see the following entries in the cluster log:
0000080c.000009f0::<Date>-<Time> ERR [RES] Distributed Transaction Coordinator <DTC_Resource_Name>: <Date>-<Time> : [ 80c. 9f0] 0x8000ffff [TRACE_RESOURCE] DtcOnlineThread (d:\<Server_ Name>\com\complus\dtc\shared\mtxclu\src\dtcresource.cpp@566): Failed to create resource files
0000080c.000009f0::<Date>-<Time> ERR [RHS] Online for resource <DTC_Resource_Name> failed.
- Click Start, type diskmgmt.msc in the Start Search box, and then click diskmgmt in the Programs list.
- In the upper pane, right-click the volume that is associated with the MS DTC resource, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click Add, and then click a drive name in the Assign the following drive letter box. For example, click E.
- Click OK, and then exit Disk Management.
- In Failover Cluster Management, bring the MS DTC resource online.
Article ID: 947297 - Last Review: Jun 2, 2017 - Revision: 2