- You have a server is running Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- Veritas Volume Manager is running on this server.
- You connect the server to a Storage Area Network (SAN).
- You uninstall Veritas Volume Manager.
- You open the Disk Management Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in.
- Restore the default permissions to the %Windir%\Registration folder. To do this, follow the steps that are mentioned in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 909444. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:909444 You may experience various problems after you install the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-051 for COM+ and MS DTC
- Enable the DMBoot service. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\dmboot
- Double-click the Start registry entry.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 0 in the Value data box.
- Extract the Windows Server 2003 SP1 package.
- In the i386 folder, right-click the Dmreg.inf file, and then click Install.
- Restart the server.
Article ID: 947306 - Last Review: Jun 18, 2008 - Revision: 1