To view the installation log file, type cd %temp% at a command prompt, and then press ENTER. The file name is random. However, the file name begins with the letters "Msi" and ends with the .log file name extension.
For more information about how to create a log file, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Deploying a GPO from the Users folder installs software in a per-user mode. Additionally, the MSI ALLUSERS property is overwritten with a null value. Communicator 2007 includes a merge module that contains the Microsoft Visual C++ 8.0 Common Runtime files. These files must be installed as a per-computer installation. Therefore, the default value for the ALLUSERS property is set to 1 in the Communicator.msi file.
If the Communicator 2007 Setup package is run as a per-user installation, the required files are not installed. Additionally, an initialization error occurs when Communicator 2007 runs for the first time.
- Click Start, click Run, type mmc, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click Add.
- In the
Available standalone snap-ins list, click Group Policy Object Editor, and then click
- Click Finish.
- In the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog box, click Close.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click OK.
- Expand Default Domain Policy, expand Computer Configuration, and then expand
- Right-click Software installation, click
New, and then click Package.
- In the Open dialog box, type the full Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path of the shared installer package that you want to distribute in the File name box. Type this path by using the following format:
- \\ ServerName \
- \\ ServerIP \
- \\ ServerName \
- Click the Windows Installer package, and then click
- In the Deploy Software dialog box, click
Assigned, and then click OK.
Article ID: 947379 - Last Review: Jan 21, 2008 - Revision: 1