- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Help installing updates:
Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals:
TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:
Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country:
Additional information about this security update
Non-security-related fixes that are included in this security updateThis security update fixes the following issue:
- 950500 Description of the Office OneNote 2007 hotfix package: March 28, 2008
- You open an empty notebook on a SharePoint Web site as "Read-Only". When you edit the notebook, OneNote pings the server that is running the SharePoint Web site many times. This causes excess network traffic.
- You open a document library on a SharePoint Web site as a notebook. When this occurs, many table of contents (TOC) files are created. This causes excess network traffic.
- You open a notebook on a SharePoint Web site. When you sync the notebook, two HEAD requests are sent to the server that is running the SharePoint Web site. This causes excess network traffic.
- You open a notebook that contains a section that is located on a SharePoint Web site. If you encounter a network condition that causes the section to change to "Read-Only," you may receive an "Access Denied" error message in the section. When the network condition clears, and you sync the notebook, the "Read-Only" condition of the section is not cleared, and you cannot save your changes to the section.
- When you try to open a notebook in one of the following locations, the notebook does not open:
Microsoft Office OneNote has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Your My Documents folder.
- The root of your hard disk.
- The root of an HTTP server path.
- You work with a notebook that is located on a server. Unexpectedly, the size of the notebook file on the server is reduced to 0 bytes because of a network condition. When you try to sync the notebook with the 0 byte file on the server, the notebook may appear corrupted. If you try to repair the notebook, your data in the notebook is lost.
- You open a "Read-Only" notebook. If you perform no actions in the notebook for about 5 minutes, OneNote crashes, and you receive the following error message: Microsoft Office OneNote has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- You have 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 installed on the computer. When you try to create a new notebook on a Web server that uses UNC server paths, you receive a warning message that resembles the following message: When you click OK to create the notebook, the notebook is not created.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this security update.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 950130 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 3