Support for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) ends on July 12, 2011. To continue receiving security updates for Windows, make sure you're running Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (SP2). For more information, refer to this Microsoft web page: Support is ending for some versions of Windows.
After you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center does not connect to your Windows Mobile-based device. Therefore, you cannot synchronize your computer and the device.
To resolve this problem, reinstall Windows Mobile Device Center. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start
, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
Note If you are using Classic View in Control Panel, double-click Programs and Features.
- In the list of programs, click Windows Mobile Device Center, and then click Uninstall.
- In the Programs and Features dialog box, click Yes.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 to uninstall Windows Mobile Device Center Driver Update.
- Install the latest version of Windows Mobile Device Center. For information about how to obtain the latest version, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 950506 - Last Review: Jun 10, 2011 - Revision: 1