For more information about Update Rollup 6 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1, see the following Exchange Help topic:
For more information about how to obtain the latest Exchange service pack or update rollup, see the following Exchange Help topic:
<add key = "BypassOwaXmlAttachmentFiltering" value="true" />
Note If the value of the BypassOwaXmlAttachmentFiltering option is set to "true," you may see the XML context on the attachment.
Important You have to set the .xls file extension name in the Force Save list in the Direct File Access Setting page in the Exchange Management Console for the hotfix to work. To set a file type in the Force Save list, follow these steps.
- In the Exchange Management Console, click Server Configuration, and then click Client Access.
- In the action pane, under Outlook Web Access, click Properties.
- Click either the
Public Computer File Access tab or the Private Computer File Access tab.
- Under Direct file access, select the check box next to
Enable direct file access to let users download attachments.
- To change the kinds of attachments that you want users to be able to access, click Customize next to Customize direct file access.
- On the Direct File Access Settings page, click Force Save. Then, set the .xls file name extensions in the Enter the file extensions you want to force save, one at a time dialog box on the Force Save List page, and then click Add.
- Click OK three times to save your settings.
Article ID: 950675 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4