When you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) from a Windows XP SP3 ISO or CD that has been manually slipstreamed, your product key is not accepted.
This issue can occur if you used the /integrate command in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008 to slipstream Windows XP SP3.
To create Windows XP SP3 slipstreamed media, run the /integrate command in Windows XP or in Windows Server 2003.
Using the /integrate command against the following media is supported:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Professional SP1
- Windows XP Professional SP2
How to reproduce this issue
- Copy the Windows XP Professional Volume License RTM flat file to the C:\Flat directory.
- Run the following command:WINDOWSXP-KB936929-SP3-X86-ENU.exe /integrate:c:\flat
- Run the Winnt32.exe program, or start from the media to start Setup.
Article ID: 950722 - Last Review: Jan 18, 2010 - Revision: 1