- You are running a Windows Server 2008-based computer.
- In Windows Explorer, you click Open Sync Center on the Tools menu.
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Server Manager.
- In Server Manager, click Add Features under Features Summary.
- In the Add Features Wizard dialog box, make sure that the Desktop Experience option is selected.
- Click Next, and then click Install.
- After the installation process is complete, click Close, and then close Server Manager.
- Mobile devices that you plug in to your computer or devices to which you connect wirelessly. These may include portable music players, digital cameras, and mobile phones.
- Files that are stored in folders on servers. These are known as offline files because you can access them even when the computer or the server is not connected to the network.
- Programs that support Sync Center.