The fixes that are included in this hotfix are cumulative. Therefore, all the fixes for the previous hotfix rollups for Forefront Server for Exchange Service Pack 1 are included in this hotfix rollup.
List of issues fixedThis hotfix fixes the following issues:
- 951761 When you click About Forefront on the Forefront Server Security Administrator Help menu, the About Forefront dialog box does not show the rollup version information
- 951920 Forefront Server Security Administrator stops responding if you try to close it when the License Information dialog box is open
- 951921 The FSCController service cannot start successfully if a corrupted .fdb configuration file is loaded
- 951922 The FSCDiag.exe utility collects process ID and process information after you install Hotfix Rollup 3 for Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
- 951923 Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server selects the first network name resource of the Exchange cluster group
- 951931 No useful status information is displayed in the status bar when Forefront Security for Exchange Server updates the scan engine
- 951936 The General Options page becomes blank in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1 when you use the TAB key to scroll to the end of the options page, and then you press the ESC key
- 951980 After you install Hotfix Rollup 3 for Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1, you configure scan engine error notifications and scan engine time-out notifications
- 952038 In Forefront Security for Exchange Server, the Reg_ForefrontSoftware.txt log file has missing carriage returns
- 952039 If you have non-MAPI public folders in an Exchange Server organization, you cannot use Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange to manually scan these public folders
- 952040 Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server cannot block .wmv files that have had their file name extensions renamed
- 952833 Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server incorrectly sends an e-mail message to the Critical Notification list during shutdown of the computer
- 953956 Forefront Security for Exchange Server incorrectly detects the Winmail.dat file as a CorruptedCompressedFile virus
- 953965 An e-mail message that you send is corrupted when the subject line of an attached e-mail message matches one or more file filters that you configured in Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- 954092 The engine update process is discarded if a download takes more than 5 minutes in Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- 954093 The "Filter Lists" order is not updated on scan jobs if you delete a filter list and then re-create it by using the same name in Forefront Server Security Administrator
- 954094 The FSCDiag.exe tool does not insert the engine version information into the VerForeFront.csv file when the tool is installed on a cluster in Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- 954561 You cannot update scan engines through a proxy on a computer that is running Forefront Security for Exchange Server
- 954564 Error when Forefront scan engine updates fail because of a crash in the GetEngineFiles.exe process: "Watson Crash of GetEngineFiles.exe, Bucket ID "
- 954565 Nested .msg attachments are not detected as nested attachments in e-mail messages in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
- 954577 The Start menu shortcut that points to Forefront for Exchange does not work in the German version of Windows Server 2008
- 954905 Forefront Server Security Administrator crashes when you click the Action drop-down list in the File or Keyword filtering page
- 954907 E-mail messages are not sent when you are running Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
- 954911 A scan job fails on a computer that is running Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
- 954934 Error message when you try to install Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1 on an active node: "Failed to get CMS info GetMCSEVSInfo: An Active node of an Active/Passive cluster is found, but no match for the shared drive is found"
- 954941 E-mail messages start to build into a queue, and the Fsctransportscanner.exe process uses a large amount of memory when Forefront Security for Exchange Server is running
- 954942 You cannot collect data when you try to use the Forefront Server Security Management Console on an SCC cluster that has Forefront for Exchange with Service Pack 1 installed
- 955010 The FSCDiag.exe utility does not collect the correct data in Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesForefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1 must be installed before you apply this hotfix.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.
Registry informationTo use this hotfix, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.Download information
For the x86 version of Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
For the x64 version of Forefront Security for Exchange Server Service Pack 1
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 951629 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4