This article describes how to re-create the Forms.dic file in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Use the steps below to recreate the Forms.dic file:
Step 1: Export modified windows from the current Forms.dic file
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Customize and then click Customization Maintenance.
- Select the forms that you want to export from the current dictionary file. Use the SHIFT key or the CTRL key to select more than one resource.
- Click Export.
- In the "Please select a package file" window, select the location where you want to save the file, name the package file, and then click Save.
Note By default, the package file name is Package Number.Package. Number is a placeholder for the number that is incremented every time that an export is performed.
Step 2: Rename the existing Forms.dic fileRename the existing Forms.dic file to save it as a backup. To do this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that all users exit Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Start Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Setup, point to System and then click Edit Launch File.
- If you are prompted, type the system password.
- In the Edit Launch File window, click Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Record the path that appears in the Forms box.
- To close the Edit Launch File window, click OK.
- Locate the Forms.dic file in the path that you noted.
- Right-click the Forms.dic file, and then click Copy.
- Browse to a location such as the desktop.
- Right-click the location to which you browsed, and then click Paste.
- In the path from which you copied the Forms.dic from, delete the Forms.dic file so that it can be re-created in the following "Step 3: Import resources into the new Forms.dic file" section.
Step 3: Import modified windows into the new Forms.dic file
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, point to Tools on the Microsoft Dynamics GP menu, point to Customize, and then click Customization Maintenance.
- Click Import.
- In the Import Package File window, locate the package file that you created during the export process, and then click Open.
- In the Import Package File window, click OK to start the import.
Note The Import Package File window lists all the resources that exist in the package file.
More InformationTo recreate the Reports.dic file, refer to the steps in KB 850465.
Article ID: 951767 - Last Review: Aug 12, 2015 - Revision: 1
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0, Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0, Modifier with Visual Basic for Applications, System Manager