This update can be applied to the FCS server roles to add support for installing the server roles on Windows Server 2008. For more information about the latest update for the FCS client, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
List of issues fixedThis service pack fixes the following issues that are not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- An exception is thrown when you deploy a Forefront Client Security (FCS) policy on Windows Server 2008
When you deploy an FCS policy to an organizational unit (OU), an exception is thrown, and the policy is not deployed.
- When you deploy an FCS policy on Windows Server 2008 to the Users tab, an exception is thrown
The Browse dialog box for a Group Policy object (GPO) on Windows Server 2008 includes a
Userstab. This tab does not exist in Windows Server 2003. If you deploy an FCS policy to a user or to a group, an exception is thrown.
- FCS policies that are deployed to an existing GPO are tied to a specific domain controller (DC)
FCS policies that are deployed to an existing GPO are tied to a specific DC. If the DC is decommissioned, you cannot change or undeploy that policy.
Service pack informationFor instructions about how to install the service pack on Windows Server 2008, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Installation instructionsThis update is available from Microsoft Update and from Windows Server Update Services. Or, you can follow these steps to obtain the file for deployment:
- Visit the following Microsoft Update Catalog Web site:
- In the Search box, type
951951, and then click
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Near the search bar, click the view basket link, and then click Download.
- Click Browse, specify the folder to which you want to download the update, and then click OK.
- Click Continue, and then click I Accept to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
- When the update is downloaded to the location that you specified, click Close.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this service pack.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this service pack.
Hotfix replacement informationThis service pack replaces hotfixes that are mentioned in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
Registry informationTo use this service pack, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
File informationThis service pack may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This service pack contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The Global version of this service pack has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 951951 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4