When you create a new profile in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, the creation wizard disappears before the profile is created. If you try to create a new message, you receive the following error message:
Note This issue was first documented in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
How to obtain and install the updateThis update is available from the Microsoft Download Center. To download this update and to obtain installation instructions and deployment strategies, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
How to determine whether the update is installedThis update contains files that have the versions that are listed in the following table.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the following hotfixes:
- 941275 Description of the Outlook 2007 post-Service Pack 1 hotfix package: January 28, 2008
- 946983 MS08-015: Description of the security update for Outlook 2007: March 11, 2008
- 948716 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: February 7, 2008
- 948939 Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package: February 19, 2008
- 948950 Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package: February 26, 2008
- 948959 Description of the Norwegian version of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: February 26, 2008
- 949401 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: February 27, 2008
- 949488 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: February 27, 2008
- 949751 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: March 1, 2008
- 950282 Description of the Office Outlook 2007 hotfix package: March 20, 2008
- 950485 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: March 25, 2008
- 950815 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: April 2, 2008
- 951437 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: April 14, 2008
- 951701 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: April 22, 2008
Note When you install this update, you may encounter the following issue.
- After you apply the update, you may not notice an issue with the icon. It seems that Outlook is constantly synchronizing the folders. Hovering with the pointer over the icon temporarily resolves the issue.
Article ID: 952142 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4