- An application connects to one of the following products:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000
- SQL Server Desktop Engine (also known as MSDE 2000)
- The application uses the SET NOCOUNT ON statement for the connection.
- The application uses a Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) client-side cursor to insert a row into a table that has an identity column.
Note This problem occurs only if the application uses a client-side cursor. If the application uses a server-side cursor, the application is not affected.
This problem occurs in the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) components of the following Windows operating systems:
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) with hotfix 940569
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- Windows Server 2008
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: