- You create a user account that is named User A, and you add User A to a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 Web application.
- You import the user profile information in a SharePoint Server 2007 Web application, and the profile synchronization timer job runs.
- User A logs off from the MOSS Web site.
- You use Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to rename User A to User B, and you also change the information for the Account name.
- You import the new user profile information, and the profile synchronization timer job runs.
- User B logs on to the MOSS site.
This command automatically updates the account name, and the command maintains the correct permissions for the account.
Article ID: 953131 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2017 - Revision: 1