Microsoft Office Project 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Microsoft Office Project Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) provide the latest updates to Project Professional 2007, to Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007, and to Project Language Pack 2007. These updates include two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Overview of Service Pack 2 improvements
- For Project Professional 2007 users, fixes were made for French (fr-fr), Portuguese (pt-pt), Polish (pl-pl), and Hungarian (hu-hu). Therefore, fields that were inaccessible in Project Professional are now available.
- Improvements were made to the robustness of the Active Cache.
- For both Project Professional users and Project Standard users, fixes were made for saving the files in the file format of earlier versions of Microsoft Project (*.mpp) or in the non-.mpp file formats.
- Improvements were made to the scheduling engine.
- Miscellaneous fixes were made for Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) issues.
- Fixes were made for Gantt chart issues.
Service pack uninstall
- 2007 Microsoft Office Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support the removal of client updates by using both the command line and the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download.
For more information about this tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:954914 Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office suite
How to obtain and install the service packs
Microsoft Office Project 2007 Service Pack 2Project 2007 SP2 is available from the Microsoft Download Center. To download this service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft Office Project Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 2Project Language Pack 2007 SP2 is available on the Microsoft Download Center. To download this service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about the complete list of all Service Pack 2 packages that were released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968170 List of all 2007 Office system Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 packages
971217 The SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard fails after you install any cumulative update or service pack for Project Server 2007 that was released in October 2008 or later
Downloadable list of issues that the service packs fixAn Office Excel workbook is available that lists the Project 2007 and Project Language Pack 2007 issues that are fixed by these service packs.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 2007 Office Service Pack 2 Changes_all.xls package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Known issues and behavior changesAfter you install these service packs, you may notice the issues that are described in the following Knowledge Base article:
- 968173 Known issues that you may experience when you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2
Technical informationFor more information about this service pack, including a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
970357 Technical details about the Office 2007 System client service packs
Article ID: 953326 - Last Review: Jun 25, 2009 - Revision: 1