- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, these include improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Overview of Microsoft Office Visio 2007 SP2 improvements
- Improves compatibility with other Microsoft products in several key scenarios, such as when you insert Visio drawings as linked objects in Microsoft Office PowerPoint or in Microsoft Office Word, when you export reports to Microsoft Office Excel, and when you save drawings as Web pages for browsing in Windows Internet Explorer 8.
- Lets you export UML diagrams to an XML file that is compliant with the XMI standard. This feature was previously available only as a Web download for Visio 2003.
- Lets you disable CAD files in Visio 2007.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:938803 How to disable CAD files after you install Visio 2003 Service Pack 3 or Visio 2007 Service Pack 2
- Fixes the crash that occurs every time Visio 2007 is shut down. This issue is caused by a third-party add-in. Visio will still crash the first time that you shut it down. However, the add-in is then disabled correctly.
For more information about this issue, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:937997 Visio 2007 crashes, or the Visio.exe process is still running after you exit Visio 2007 on a Windows Vista-based computer
Service pack removalThe 2007 Microsoft Office Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support the removal of client updates through both the command line and the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download.
For more information about the Uninstall tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain and install the service packsThis service pack is available on the Microsoft Download Center. To download the service packs, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Service Pack 2:
- Microsoft Office Visio Language Pack 2007 Service Pack 2:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 2007 Office Service Pack 2 Changes_all.xls package now.