- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- In addition to providing general product fixes, SP2 includes improvements in stability, in performance, and in security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Before you deploy this service pack, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Overview of Service Pack 2 (SP2) improvements
Microsoft Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
- Improves the performance and stability of the content deployment feature and of the Variations feature.
- Adds a new command to the Stsadm.exe tool. This tool provides the following functionality:
- Lets a SharePoint administrator use the Variations feature to scan a site for errors, report the errors, and fix certain problems.
- Finds and repairs missing peer relationships and corrupted entries in the internal variations relationships list.
- Handles the propagation of large volumes of variations content in a more manageable way.
Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Access services
- Fixes Open Snapshot so that snapshots open more reliably, even if there is no SharePoint root site.
- Fixes display issues that cause calculations to appear incorrect in some cases.
- Improves connections to cubes by using .odc files in non-English cases.
- Improves the performance of programmatic scenarios.
- Fixes conditional formatting in Mozilla Firefox browsers.
- Improves support for generating Excel Web Access Web parts on new sites.
Microsoft Office Groove Server (64-bit version only)
- Office Groove Server 2007 Data Bridge now limits the number of file-sharing workspaces to 64 to make sure that all workspaces can be synchronized. This limit applies only to newly added file-sharing workspaces. If you already have more than 64 file-sharing workspaces, you can continue to use them.
- Improves synchronization reliability.
- Groove Server 2007 Manager can be installed and run with SQL Server 2008.
- Improves the Groove Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) connectivity and auto-activation functionality.
- Improves error reporting in the Groove Relay Server.
- Improves the robustness of Groove Relay Server.
Microsoft Office Forms Server
- Improves performance of large browser forms on InfoPath Form Services, both for memory usage and for page load time.
- Improves reliability of Forms Server and of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server by addressing the previous behavior in which an upgrade of an administrator-approved form template triggers an IIS reset.
- Improves the Digital Signature functionality for InfoPath Forms Services.
Microsoft Office Project Server
- Modifies the queue service to prevent it from using large volumes of memory over long periods.
- Improves the performance of certain database table indexes.
- Improves cost resource functionality. For example, the server now correctly handles tasks that have material or work resources assigned to the same task.
- Improves certain areas such as resource plans, build team, and the server scheduling engine.
Microsoft Office Search Server
- Improves the reliability and stability of WSS crawl, of SharePoint crawl, of crawling through a very large corpus, and of backup restore.
- Introduces a new command to the Stsadm.exe tool that lets a SharePoint administrator tune the Query processor multiplier parameter. For example, the Query processor multiplier can be used to tune the query performance for SSP indexing content sources that have highly restrictive permissions and many duplicates.
- Improves the accuracy of searches that involve numbers. For example, there is additional support for large numbers in which a comma is used to separate every three digits (for example, 1,000,000), for numbers that are between 9 and 40 characters, and for numbers that are separated by spaces.
- Provides full support for Windows Internet Explorer 8.
- Provides level 2 browser support for Mozilla Firefox (versions 2 and 3).
- For more information about browser support levels, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Provides support for Windows Server 2008.
How to obtain and install the service packsThis service pack update is available on the Microsoft Download Center. To download the service pack, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
- 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 (x86)
- 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 (x64)
- 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack Service Pack 2 (x86)
- 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack Service Pack 2 (x64)
For a complete list of all SP2 packages that were released, visit the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Download the 2007 Office servers Service Pack 2 Changes.xlsx package now.
Note This workbook is in English. It will not be translated into any other languages.
Known issues and behavior changesAfter you install this service pack, you may notice the following issues:
Technical informationFor more information about this service pack, including a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Additional resourcesFor more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 953334 - Last Review: May 25, 2012 - Revision: 1