Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) gives customers the latest updates to the Excel Viewer 2007. This update includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack. In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, performance, and security.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Overview of Excel Viewer 2007 SP2 improvements
Excel Viewer 2007
- Improvements for charting mechanism in Excel 2007. This provides better parity with Microsoft Office 2003, improved robustness, and targeted performance improvements.
- Improvements to shapes that are surfaced in Excel. This includes better parity with Office 2003 and targeted performance improvements.
- Improvements to the way Excel prints graphical content, especially when it prints to PCL printers.
Service pack uninstallThe 2007 Microsoft Office Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support the uninstall of client updates through both the command line and the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download.
For more information about this tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
954914 Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool for the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite
How to obtain and install the service packThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 953336 package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For more information about the complete list of all Service Pack 2 packages that were released, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968170 List of all 2007 Office system Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 packages
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA workbook is available that lists the issues that are fixed by this service pack.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
Download the 2007 Office Service Pack 2 Changes_all.xls package now.
Known issues and behavior changesAfter you install this service pack, you may notice the following:
968173 Known issues that you may experience when you install the 2007 Office suite Service Pack 2 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Service Pack 2
Technical informationFor more information about this service pack, including a list of files affected, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
970357 Technical details about the Office 2007 System client service packs
Article ID: 953336 - Last Review: Jun 5, 2009 - Revision: 1