Source: Microsoft Support
RAPID PUBLISHINGRAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED TO SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
This article describes how to use fixed allocation accounts and variable allocation accounts with Analytical Accounting in Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0.
Fixed allocation accounts and variable allocation accounts do not maintain balances because they are allocated out among distribution accounts. Therefore, Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0 will not allow fixed allocation accounts or variable allocation accounts to be directly linked to an Accounting Class. Instead, the individual distribution accounts should be linked to the Accounting Class using these steps:
- On the Cards menu, point to Financial, point to Analytical Accounting, and then click Accounting Class.
- In the Class ID list, click a class ID.
- If the Analysis Type field is set to Required for the transaction dimensions in the class, you must click a default dimension code in the Trx Dimension Code Default column. If you do not want to select a default dimension code for the transaction, you must change the Analysis Type field to Optional.
- Click Accounts.
- In the Link column, click to select the check box to link the appropriate distribution accounts. If you are prompted to continue, click Continue.
- Close the Account Class Link window, and then click Save in the Accounting Class Maintenance window.
- Post a transaction using the fixed allocation account or the variable allocation account. You cannot enter or edit any Analytical Accounting information at this point.
- After the transaction is posted, you can add or edit any Analytical Accounting assignments in the Edit Analysis window. To open this window, on the Transactions menu, point to Financials, point to Analytical Accounting, and then click Edit Analysis. You can add or change any Analytical Accounting assignments for the distribution accounts or override any default dimension codes that were used.
DISCLAIMERMICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, THE RELIABILITY OR THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION THAT IS CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND THE RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEB SITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.