When you use many mailboxes in Outlook 2007, you may receive the following error message:
Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again.
To resolve this problem, install the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 953925. Then, configure the corresponding registry entry to enable the hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:
- Install the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 953925.For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:953925 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package: June 11, 2008
- Configure the ConnectionType registry entry under one of the following registry subkeys to enable the hotfix package:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\RPC
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type ConnectionType, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click ConnectionType, and then click Modify.
- In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, make sure Hexadecimal is selected, type f in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 953807 - Last Review: Aug 6, 2008 - Revision: 1