Improvements that are included in the updateThe Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update includes the following improvements.
Improvements for all Office 2004 for Mac applications
- Compatibility is improved for documents that are in Open XML Format.
If the Open XML File Format Converter for Mac is installed, this update enables Office 2004 for Mac to read and to write Office documents that are in Open XML Format. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:953823 Information about how to work with Open XML Format files in Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac
- The update installer now ignores backup copies of Office that were created by the Time Machine backup tool.
For users of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), this update fixes an issue that causes the update installer to find copies of Office in backup folders that were created by Time Machine. Folders that are created by Time Machine use the ".backupdb" folder name extension.
Improvements for Microsoft Word 2004 for Mac
- Stability is improved.
This update fixes several issues that cause Word 2004 to close unexpectedly.
- For users of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), this update fixes issues that cause Word 2004 to close unexpectedly during a typical operation. For example, Word 2004 may close when you use it to create a new document, to print a document, or to use the Print Preview feature.
- For users of Office 2008 for Mac, this update also fixes an issue that causes Word 2004 to close unexpectedly when you paste content from a document that is generated by an Office 2008 application into a Word 2004 document.
- For users of AppleScript, this update fixes an issue that causes Word 2004 to close unexpectedly when you run a script that contains the following syntax.
get properties of hyperlink of shape 1 of active document
- The text display is improved when you change the size of table columns.
This update fixes an issue that causes parts of text in a table cell to be partly displayed when you change the size of the column that contains the table cell.
- The "Page Setup" dialog box now displays correctly.
For users of Mac OS X 10.5, this update fixes an issue that causes the Page Setup dialog box to display incorrectly. This issue causes some options in the dialog box to be obscured.
Improvements for Microsoft Excel 2004 for Mac
- Paper size is saved correctly.
This update fixes an issue that causes some paper size settings, such as A3, to be lost when users of Excel 2004 and Excel 2008 open and save the same workbook.
- Reliability is improved when you paste content from Excel 2008 into Excel 2004.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel 2004 to display the following error message when you paste content from a workbook that is open in Excel 2008 to a workbook that is open in Excel 2004:Microsoft Excel cannot paste the data.
- Stability is improved when you open a workbook that contains a shape, a SmartArt graphic, or a text box.
This update fixes an issue that causes Excel 2004 to close unexpectedly when you open a workbook that contains a shape, a SmartArt graphic, or a text box. This behavior occurs if you created or saved the shape, the SmartArt graphic, or the text box in Excel 2007 for Windows or in Excel 2008 for Mac.
- You can now use the Open dialog box in Excel 2004 to select workbooks that were created in Excel 2007 for Windows.
This update fixes an issue in which you could not use the Open dialog box in Excel 2004 to select workbooks that were created in Excel 2007 for Windows.
Improvements for Microsoft PowerPoint 2004 for Mac
- Reliability and stability are improved when you paste content from an Office 2008 application into PowerPoint 2004.
For users of Intel-based Macintosh computers, this update fixes an issue that causes PowerPoint 2004 to close unexpectedly or to lose formatting when you paste content from a document that is open in an Office 2008 application into a PowerPoint 2004 presentation.
- Stability is improved when you open a very large PowerPoint presentation.
This update fixes several issues that cause PowerPoint to close unexpectedly when you open a presentation that contains many slides.
Previously released improvements that are included in this updateThis update includes all the improvements that were released in previous Office 2004 updates. For more information, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.2.8 (Jaguar) or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this requirement, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
How to obtain the updateThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update package now.
Release Date: June 24, 2008
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- The Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up to date. To use AutoUpdate, start an Office program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu.
- For more information about resources for Office 2004 for Mac, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Updated filesThis update adds or changes the Office application files that are shown in the following list. After you install this update, check the version numbers of these files to verify that they were installed or updated. To see the version number of a file, select it in the Finder, and then click Get Info on the File menu. To locate the full installation path for each updated file, see the Updater log file in the "Updater Logs" folder. This folder is located in the "Microsoft Office 2004" folder on your hard disk.
|Camera & Scanner Plug-in||11.2.0|
|Conditional Sum Wizard||11.2.0|
|Discovering Microsoft Office||11.2.0|
|Entourage Help Index||11.2.3|
|Entourage Read Me.html||11.2.3|
|Excel 11 Type Library||11.2.0|
|Excel Read Me.html||11.2.0|
|Genko Wizard (Japanese version)||11.2.0|
|German Dictionary (post-reform)||11.0.1|
|German Dictionary (pre-reform)||11.0.1|
|German Hyph Dict (post-reform)||11.0.1|
|German Hyph Dict (pre-reform)||11.0.1|
|Greeting Wizard (Japanese version)||11.2.0|
|Hagaki Wizard (Japanese version)||11.2.0|
|Handheld Sync Installer||1.5|
|Holidays (Japanese version)||11.2.3|
|Installation Read Me.html||11.2.0|
|Junk E-Mail Protection||11.3.4|
|Microsoft Cert Manager||1.0.1|
|Microsoft Clip Gallery||11.2.0|
|Microsoft Component Plugin||11.5.0|
|Microsoft Database Daemon||11.3.5|
|Microsoft Error Reporting||1.0.2|
|Microsoft Excel 2.x-11||11.5.0|
|Microsoft Messaging Library.bundle||1.0.0|
|Microsoft Messaging Services||11.2.0|
|Microsoft Office Notifications||11.2.3|
|Microsoft OLE Automation||11.4.0|
|Microsoft Sync Services||11.2.3|
|Office 11 Type Library||11.2.0|
|PowerPoint 11 Type Library||11.2.0|
|PowerPoint Read Me.html||11.2.0|
|Project Gallery Launcher||11.2.0|
|Spanish Hyphen Dictionary||11.0.0|
|Swedish Grammar Dictionary||11.0.1|
|Timezones (Japanese version)||11.3.4|
|Visual Basic for Applications||11.5.0|
|Word 11 Type Library||11.2.0|
|Word Open XML||11.5.0|
|Word Read Me.html||11.2.0|