The following message is logged in the WDS Server Log:
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The DHCP server and the WDS server are installed on the same computer.
- The Do not listen on port 67 option is NOT enabled in the DHCP tab.
Method 1At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- Click Start, click Run, type wdsmgmt.msc, and then press OK.
- In the Windows Deployment Services window, expand Servers, right-click the WDS server name, and then click Properties.
- In the Server Properties dialog box, click the DHCP tab.
- Click to select the Do not listen on port 67 check box, and then click Apply.
To disable the PXE server from listening on port 67, set the UseDHCPPorts registry value to 0. Use this setting in configurations where the Windows Deployment Services PXE server and the DHCP server are installed on the same computer.
Article ID: 954410 - Last Review: Jan 21, 2011 - Revision: 1