Exchange Server 2010
- Stop the Exchange Transport service.
- Locate the EdgeTransport.exe.config file. This file is located in the following path: <drive> :\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Bin\
- In the EdgeTransport.exe.config file, add the following entry between the <appSettings> element and the </appSettings> element:<add key="TreatInlineDispositionAsAttachment" value="true" />
- Restart the Transport service.
- You must have Exchange Server 2010 RTM Rollup Update 4 (RU4) installed for the new entry in the EdgeTransport.exe.config file to take effect.
- If the TreatInlineDispositionAsAttachment option does not exist or if the option is set to "false," the behavior is the same as the behavior that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section.
- If the TreatInlineDispositionAsAttachment option is set to "true," the inline attachment that is not referenced is available for download.
Exchange Server 2007
- Make sure that Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 is installed.
- Run the following command:set-OrganizationConfig -ShowInlineAttachments:$true