When you try to access some views in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, you experience slow performance or timeouts. For example, you experience slow performance when you try to access the Active Contacts view. Additionally, you may experience blocking in an instance of Microsoft SQL Server. This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You share records with teams and with users.
- You access the views as a user who has only user level privileges or business unit privileges instead of organization level privileges.
- An entity contains more than 500,000 records.
- The PrincipalObjectAccess table in the OrganizationName_MSCRM database contains more than 1,000,000 records.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsTo resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Install the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:949256 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
- On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, add the EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization DWORD registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Name this DWORD value "EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization."
- Right-click EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 955138 - Last Review: May 11, 2009 - Revision: 1