Note This issue also occurs in SQL Server 2012
In SQL Server 2012 or a later version, SQL DMO is one of the discontinued features and customers are advised to use SQL Server Management Objects (SMO). For more information, see the following SQL Server Books Online topic on TechNet:
|Programmability||SQL Server Distributed Management Objects (SQL-DMO)||SQL Server Management Objects (SMO)|
Method 1: Upgrade maintenance plans to the SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2 format (recommended)This method migrates maintenance plans to the SQL Server 2008 format. If all older maintenance plans are upgraded, Method 2 is not required.
To use SQL Server Management Studio to upgrade maintenance plans, follow these steps:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio, and then connect to the affected instance of SQL Server.
- In Object Explorer, expand Management, expand Legacy, and then expand Database Maintenance Plans.
- Right-click each maintenance plan that you want to migrate, and then click Migrate. This step creates a new, non-legacy maintenance plan in the SQL Server 2008 format.
- Right-click the Database Maintenance Plans folder, and then click Refresh to update the maintenance plans in the Management folder.
Method 2: Install the latest SQL-DMO from the SQL Server Backward Compatibility SetupThis method installs the latest version of SQL-DMO to enable the older maintenance plan format to continue working in SQL Server 2008.
Note If you no longer have any maintenance plans in the older format, this method is not required.
To run the SQL Server Backward Compatibility Setup Wizard, follow these steps:
- Locate the following installation source folder for SQL Server 2008: drive:\Servers\SetupNote The drive placeholder is the drive letter of the DVD drive.
- Double-click the SQLServer2005_BC.msi file to run the SQL Server Backward Compatibility Setup Wizard, and then click Next.
- Click Modify, and then click Next.
- Make sure that the SQL Distributed management Objects (SQL-DMO) feature is set to install on the local hard disk drive, and then click Next.
- Click Install.
Article ID: 955626 - Last Review: Oct 24, 2013 - Revision: 1