This article discusses resource group and shared disk ownership when you install failover clustering in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- The disk resource is not owned by the local node.
- The disk resource is a cluster quorum disk.
- The disk resource has non-disk dependencies.
- The disk resource has dependencies outside of the same resource group.
- The disk resource has dependents outside of the same resource group.
When a shared disk is not available, an entry that resembles the following may be logged in the SystemConfigurationCheck_Report.htm file.
|Computer Name||Rule Name||Rule Description||Result||Message/Corrective Action|
|computername||Cluster_SharedDiskFacet||Checks whether the cluster on a computer has at least one shared disk available.||Failed||The cluster on this computer does not have a shared disk available. To continue, at least one shared disk must be available.|
Article ID: 955780 - Last Review: Mar 19, 2009 - Revision: 1